SLOX RecordChanges not working

It’s confirmed that “RecordChanges” checkbox on a controls property doesn’t always work (SLXDev forum). Today I testified it too:

select * from sysdba.history where datediff( hour, startdate, GetUTCDate()) < 48

It only gives me a handful records while there are so many updates. The returned history are all in default SLOX objects. So I guess the custom objects/tables (e.g. Policy etc) have problems. I was thinking to put change logging in database triggers, but a few concerns:

  • it may not always have valid ModifyUser value
  • to add a new field to be logged is tedious and error-prone
  • when we remove a database field, we have to remember to remove it from the trigger
  • any unhandeled error will prevent saving.

That said, this isn’t a very practical approach.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in SalesLogix. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s